Dr. John B. 'Jay' Whitley, Jr. - Board Certified Orthodontist
Baton Rouge Office: 225-924-4383
Hammond Office: 985-542-9472 Brusly Office: 225-614-6916
Dr. John Whitley
Dr. Whitley’s professional affiliations include:
* Greater Baton Rouge Dental Association
* Louisiana Dental Association
* American Dental Association
* Louisiana Orthdontic Association
o Secretary Treasurer – 1992-2004
o President – 2007
* Southern Association of Orthodontists
o Secretary Treasurer – 2006-2007
o 1st Senior Director – 2010
o President – 2012
* College of Diplomates of the American Board of Orthodontists
* Midwest Angle Socirty – Active Member since 2005
* International College of Dentists – 2008
* American College of Dentists – 2011
Dr. John B. 'Jay' Whitley, Jr. was born and raised in Baton Rouge. He is a graduate of Lee High School and he attended LSU from 1974-1979, graduating with a Bachelor of Science degree.
During his time at LSU, he also played center for the LSU Fighting Tigers football team earning All-SEC and Academic All-SEC honors. Dr. Whitley went on to pursue his Doctor of Dental Surgery from the LSU School of Dentistry in New Orleans. After finishing, he practiced General Dentistry in New Orleans from 1983-1985. Dr. Whitley then went back to LSU School of Dentistry do his 2 year orthodontic residency, he completed his residency in 1987. He has practiced orthodontics in the Baton Rouge and Hammond area since 1987. Dr. Whitley recently opened an office in Port Allen, Louisiana.
Dr. Whitley loves to teach orthodontics. He teaches every Tuesday at LSU School of Dentistry in New Orleans. He has been a Clinical Associate Professor since 1993.
Dr. Whitley has a passion for orthodontics and enjoys working with children and adults. He strives for perfection and he normally achieves just that.